Monday, April 5, 2010

My Trip to Arizona Wrap Up Part 1

I got back from my week long vacation yesterday. It sucks to be back but I did take an extra day off today to get back in the swing of things. I'm just going to take a jog and relax today my alarm will be going off at 4:30am tomorrow to head back to work.

As for the trip Spring Training wasn't exactly what I thought it was going to be. The last time I attended was back in 1995 and that was Florida I remember getting extremely close to the players and tons of players were signing. I went to the Astros camp and scored over 40 Autos. Well here is a little recap my trip.

On Thursday morning we headed over to Goodyear Ballpark to see the Rangers play the Reds. Neither team took batting practice which was a major disappointment. For the first hour I was there all I did was walk the park and watch some of the relievers have a catch with Saltalamacchia.



About 30 mins before game time the reds started coming out and kids started to swarm none of the big players were signing so I saw there weren't many people on the Rangers side so I headed over there. I only got 2 players Autos but they were 2 of the bigger ones Josh Hamilton & Michael Young. With the help of my Wife & Father I scored 4 Hamilton Autos & 3 of Youngs. Both players were extremely nice. I talk to Josh about the 2008 Home Run derby telling him I attended it and he said it was a lot of fun.



The seats were awesome 2 rows behind the Rangers dugout. Only disappointment was that there was netting over the dugout I guess safety trumps clear views.

I moved around the stadium and got some good shots spoke to some ushers who told me a lot of the Red regulars had already left town.


The Reds ended up winning the game with a walk off home run by minor leaguer Daniel Dorn.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome awesome stories and great autos! Josh hamilton is one heck of a guy, he signed for me back in 07 and also TTM!

    ReplyDelete