Thursday, December 17, 2009

Karma Baseball Card Style

Taking a look back at the year that was 2009. When 2009 Topps heritage came out in early March I purchased 2 Hobby boxes after 3 weeks they never showed up. So I contacted Ebay and they gave me a full refund. With that money I ended up buying 5 retail boxes 2009 Heritage. Then when I got the boxes the 3rd box I opened 3 packs in I realized 7 of the 8 cards matched from all 3 packs. So I investigated and found out that those 7 cards were the Super short prints. I continued to open 4 more packs with exact same luck. The only pack in the box that didn't contain these cards were the bonus pack. I could not believe my luck. I ended up pulling 49 of the Super SPs. I was shaking with excitement and told my wife if I broke $4,000 selling these cards I'd buy her something nice. I ended up having sold 48 of them Ebay for over $4,800. With that money I bought my wife diamond earrings & have purchased over 60 boxes baseball cards in the last 9 months and it has been a fun run. I had some great pulls and some real crappy ones. Before this year I never purchased more then 15 boxes so these 49 cards have helped me quadruple my baseball card habit. Over the next few days I'll be taking a look at my pulls of 2009. I have also put a good chunk of this money into my Phil Hughes collection. Imagine what I would have got if those first 2 boxes of Heritage showed up on my door step. I guess it must have been karma!
Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. I wish I could get some sort of a karmic relief like that.

    One hell of a break for you and probably a hell of a year as well.

    I look forward to your other 19 top pulls.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remembered hearing about this briefly right around when it happened. No idea who mentioned it though.

    Karma must have owed you one... or 2. That's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. That's an amazing story! We all dream of those kind of magical boxes. Nice going.

    ReplyDelete