Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Meeting Five Hall of Famers in 1 Day

When I was a teenager I attended the 1996 Baseball All-Star Fan Fest in Philadelphia. I had a blast there I said to myself I can't wait to attend another one I had to wait 14 years for that but it was worth the wait. On July 14th, 2008 I attended the 2008 All-Star Fan Fest @ the Jacob Javits Center in NYC. It was a rainy July day we arrived at the fest before the doors opened and as we walked in I was extremely disappointed the line was HUGE. I thought that this day was going to suck but what I didn't know was that day I was going to meet 4 Hall of Famers & a future Hall of Famer.

After waiting online for hours with my father and my future wife. I got to meet and get autographs from Goose Gossage, Rollie Fingers, Paul Molitor, Tony Gwynn & Andre Dawson. At this signing many people were asking Dawson about why he wasn't in the Hall of Fame. He seemed so pissed to be up there with other Hall of Famers. He graciously signed my ball and I wished him luck on being elected to the Hall of Fame. Of Hall of Famers Goose & Tony were extremely friendly. The 4 Hall of Famers all signed there induction years without even asking and MLB authenticated the ball for free. This is one of my most amazing baseball events I hope to share more with everyone in the future. Check out the photo of the balls below they look even better in person.

3 comments:

  1. wow that is so awesome Fingers is a tough sig and Dawson speeks for himself. Very nice

    ReplyDelete
  2. I get so jealous of all the great card shows and sporting events that seem predominantly east coast venues. Do you know of any annual big shows or events out on the west coast?

    The closest we got here was the AAA all-star game last July. I was excited about the prospect of getting a Clay Buchholz autograph, only to see him called up by Boston the day earlier!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Fan Fest is going to be in Los Angles this year if you can down there I'd check it out.

    ReplyDelete